As you all know….I’ve been a blog addict for quite some time and as a result; I started My Take on Money as a way of adding my 2 cents to the world of Personal Finance. Because of my love for blogging and wanting to get better at it, I decided to join the Yakezie Challenge.
For those who are not familiar with Yakezie, it is a community of bloggers who simply love to blog and selflessly give back by helping other newbie bloggers, like myself; come up the ranks. Even though I’ve been an avid reader of personal finance blogs, I’ll admit….I don’t know much about the back-end side of blogging. Yakezie is the place where I will learn all of this while perfecting my craft and networking at the same time. My ultimate goal is to become a PF blogger full time.
Below are the criteria for joining the Yakezie Challenge:
- Install the Alexa toolbar. Alexa tracks your website traffic. The goal is to get a ranking under 200,000. I’m currently at 2,859,303. That’s a far cry from where I was a couple of weeks ago at 15,000,000. So I’ve made some progress! Yay for me. J
- Write consistently 2-4 times a week here on MTM and consider guest posting around the community including on Yakezie.com to raise my profile.
- Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge.
- Announce on your blog that you have joined the Yakezie Challenge.
- Selflessly promote others and build relationships.
- Stay committed and consistent over the next 6 months!
- Introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum and get to know oyther fellow Challengers and Members.
- Once the 6-month challenge is over and if I’ve met the met the criteria then I will be invited to become an official Yakezie Member and write my Yakezie Member Post.
It’s going to be a lot of work, but with your support, I know that I can accomplish this goal. My dreams of being a full time blogger will not be possible without you.
I will keep you updated on how things are going. I welcome all feedback.
Let’s do this!