The ultimate goal of My Take on Money is to give readers tips on how to get out of debt and build wealth. As a result, I thought it would be a great idea if I led by example by showing you my personal strategy of how I plan to obtain wealth by joining the Million Dollar Club over at Budgets are Sexy.
In order to become a Millionaire, I pledge to do the following:
- Pay off my student loan debts as quickly as possible by throwing everything I have at it.
- Pay off my mortgage by refinancing down to a 15-yr and pay bi-weekly.
- Contribute up to the limit that my employer matches in my 401k every year
- Max out my ROTH IRA every year
- Sell unwanted items or unused items around the house to earn extra cash
- Don’t take on any new debt….avoid it like the plague.
- Become an entrepreneur by starting a side business
- Find other ways to save money by being conscious of my spending patterns.
- Help others to get out of debt and build wealth….always give back.
I challenge you to take the pledge with me.