Below are 20 Innovative ways you can earn extra Income from Home:
1. Start a Blog – If you love to write and have a topic that you are passionate about then why not start a blog? It’s free if you do it through Blogger or WordPress. Once you start getting a steady flow of visitors on a daily basis. It won’t be long before you will be able to monetize your blog through private advertisers. Other ways to monetize your blog is through Google Ad-sense and affiliate marketing like Ebates.
2. Write/Sell an eBook – Another way to earn extra income from home is to write an eBook. Do you have a marketable skill or know how to do something that you feel people will pay you to learn? Then you could easily put this information into an eBook. Some great topics for an eBook are learning how to coupon, or teaching some simple techniques for investing. The sky’s the limit. Check out eBook Junkie for more info on writing an Ebook and making money from it.
3. Do Consignment in-store/online – This is one of my favorite ways to earn extra income and it can get pretty lucrative. Do you have an eye for items of value? If so, then you can do consignment online or at consignment shop. You can easily find valuable items at yard and garage sales or at thrift stores that you could easily re-sell. I once found an Excalibur Dehydrator at Goodwill that was in pristine condition for $5.95. I was able to resell that item on Ebay for over $100 bucks! Other websites that are good for re-sell are Craigslist and Amazon. Be careful of those re-seller fees though.
4. Take Surveys Online – Getting paid to take surveys is nothing new. This has been around for years. If you have the time, then you can make a little chump change on the side by taking surveys and you’ll get a lot of free stuff and get entered into sweepstakes.
5. Become a Pet Sitter/Dog Walker – I once knew a girl who owned her own pet sitting company and she was making a pretty good amount of money from it. You’ve got to love animals though. If that’s the case, then why not start your own Pet Sitter/Dog Walker Company to earn some extra cash from home?
6. Become a House Sitter/Baby Sitter – If you don’t like pet sitting then you might try baby-sitting or house-sitting. Some individuals actually house-sit for a living and at the same time avoid paying rent.
7. Become a Virtual Assistant – Sell your skills online through websites such as Odesk or Elance. There are plenty of individuals/companies that are looking for virtual assistants who can do anything from admin services to financial planning or building websites. If you have a professional skill then you can definitely earn great money selling those skills online by becoming a virtual assistant.
8. Start a Car detailing service – Spring is here and summer is not far behind. People will want to get their cars washed and detailed but they won’t have the time or energy. This is where you come in….why not start your own car wash/detail business? This is a great way to earn money during the summer months and you can even kick it up a notch by being mobile and going to individual’s job to wash their cars.
9. Start an Independent Roadside Service – Do you know how to change a tire or do other minor car repairs? Then you can become an independent roadside agent for the major insurance companies. You don’t even have to have a tow truck. Most services will be changing a tire, or putting air in a tire or using a slim Jim to assist someone who has locked their keys up in their car.
10. Have a Yard/Garage Sale – Do you have nice things that you don’t use? Are they collecting dust? If you haven’t used these items in over 6 months, then it’s time to get rid of them. Sell those items and get a hunk of cash to use to purchase something that you will use or maybe use the extra money to go on vacation.
11. Start a Blog Commenting, SEO and Back-linking Service – I go this idea from Crystal over at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff. She’s always coming up with innovative ways to earn extra cash online. When I did more research, it seems that this is a very popular and growing side business for many. Who would’ve thought?
12. Start an organic garden and sell the harvest – Now more than ever, people are trying to eat better but eating smarter and healthier doesn’t come without a big price tag these days. If you own some land or a have a big back yard, why not block off some of that land and start a nice organic garden. You can then sell the harvest to your neighbors, friends and family. Don’t forget to keep some of those nice healthy veggies for yourself.
13. Start a Cleaning Service – There’s nothing like having a clean house. But sometimes people just don’t have the time to get all the house work done. You will find a great deal of people willing to pay someone to come in a few times a week to clean their house. If you’re good then your client base will grow from word of mouth. Commercial cleaning can be lucrative as well.
14. Become a Personal Trainer – Do you like working out? Are you in good physical shape? Then why not become a personal trainer? People are more health conscious these days and you could help them achieve the results they want while getting paid to do something you love.
15. Start a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Service – The baby boomer population is aging and as a result jobs in the health care sector are highly in demand. A great way to get a piece of the pie is to offer non-emergency medical transportation to them. Most of your clients will be using Medicare which pays for non-medical transportation.
16. Become a Secret Shopper – If you’re a shop-a-holic, then this is right up your alley. You can earn extra money from home doing something that you love….shopping!!! The great thing about becoming a mystery shopper is that the products you use you normally get to keep for free while they pay you. You basically get the best of both worlds.
17. Rent out a room in your home – If you have the extra space and you are in the market to make a little cash, then why not rent out one of your rooms? Just make sure you do a thorough back-ground check or pre-screen your applicants before letting them stay with you.
18. Start a nursery or an after school program in your home – If you like kids and love teaching and you have the room in your house such as a basement, then starting a nursery or afterschool program in your home is a great way to earn some extra income from home. Just make sure that you follow the state guidelines and apply for all the legitimate licensing.
19. Start a lawn/landscaping service – This is a very lucrative way to earn money, especially if you live in the south. We have warm weather for at least 9 months out of the year and the grass just keeps on growing. If you like landscaping and/or cutting grass, then this is a perfect job for you. It doesn’t take much to start. All you need is a lawnmower, edger and blower….very minimal start-up cost.
20. Start a pressure washing business – You can pressure wash just about anything….a house, a drive-way, a porch or a deck, etc. This is a great way to earn some extra cash. With spring here and summer right around the corner, there should be plenty of demand for pressure washing services.
Well there you have it. I’ve given you 20 innovative ways to earn some extra cash from home. The majority of these ideas have minimal start-up cost. The sky’s the limit when it comes to finding great ways to make money….all you have to be is creative!
What innovative ways can you come up with to make a little cash on the side?